• Why we collect personal information
• What kind information we collect
• Where we get these information
• Who we share your information with
• How we protect your information
• Your choices and remedies, including how you can check and update any personal information we have about you
To improve our products and services, it is important that we collect, use, process and analyze your personal information when it is reasonable and necessary. When we can, we aggregate and anonymize this information such that you are never identified as an individual. [Aggregating simply means presenting information in segments or categories like age groups; anonymizing means removing personally identifiable information from the data].
In particular, we are using your information to:
1. Manage your account, provide customer care activities, monitor the quality and security of the network, train our staff, and provide services timely and efficiently and ensure your fair and lawful use of the products and services provided by PayMaya;
2. Send commercial and promotional advertisements, loyalty and rewards offers, surveys, customer care and aftersales communications, and other broadcast push messages;
3. Share your personal data with third-party content providers or other third-party services for which you sign up;
4. Conduct analysis for research and marketing initiatives, including the generation of anonymized or non-personally identifiable location and mobility data to show footfall, location patterns, crowd density, and other information that may be relevant for marketing purposes;
5. Generate statistical insights based on usage/network information to assist the Government in planning for healthcare, disaster, and other similar initiatives;
6. Run credit scoring programs and initiatives, including but not limited to, providing information to the Credit Information Corporation in accordance to Republic Act No. 9510, otherwise known as the Credit Information System Act; and
7. Implement measures to prevent money laundering, fraud and identity theft; and
8. Perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under law or regulations.
In cases where your separate and full consent is given, we are also processing your personal data to:
1. Create your personal profile based on your interests, preferences, mobility patterns from physical locations that you may visit, and other information that may be relevant for marketing and market research purposes;
2. Share your personal profile based on your interests, preferences, and mobility patterns from physical locations that you may visit, to our business partners and third-party service providers;
3. Compute your credit score based on data collected internally within the PLDT Group and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and share your credit score to third-parties to whom you specifically instruct us to share your credit score; and
4. Send you information on offers, promotions, and advertisements from our business partners and third-party service providers.
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users. This may range from the most basic like being able to offer promos that best suites the user’s to more complex use cases like which related services and digital content a user might find interesting & useful. This includes information such as:
Who you are
• Basic personal information like your name, date of birth, gender, nationality, address, and identity supporting documents such as SSS or passport numbers. You can check what we know about you by making a request to the PayMaya Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below;
• Your credit card, bank and payment details; and
• Your contact details like billing address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address;
What you use our product/services for
• Use of virtual or physical card to purchase online
• Use of physical card to purchase in store
• Purchase of fast moving digital goods which includes but not limited to prepaid airtime load, prepaid cable packages, gaming e-PINs etc.
• Utility bills payments and government contributions
• ATM withdrawals, payments and transfers to third parties
• Account maintenance, including change in account information and contact details
• The device you use when to access our Products and Services (such as your mobile handset, your computer system and platform) to customize our service for you
• No, we don’t look at the content of your text messages and we don’t listen to your calls, unless you’re talking to our hotline
What you do with your PayMaya Account
• This includes when and how much you reload or pay your bills; and
• How often you access your account and why.
You can check what we know about you by making a request to the PayMaya Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below.
Your Personal Data may be obtained in many ways including through market research activities, PayMaya App, Web Portal, or Platform, through an accredited Third-Party platform or channel, and from PayMaya’s subsidiaries, affiliates, business partners, and third-party service providers.
Information that you personally give us
Most of the personal information we have are those that you have given us yourself. You provide us personal information when you
• Apply for subscription/registration to our services by via the Mobile App, filling out a Service Application Form online, in one of our stores, or provide personal information to one of our TeleSales representative;
• Get in touch with us to ask about something, file a complaint or request for service;
• Take part in our research and surveys; and/or
• When you apply for job with us.
Information we collect during our relationship with you
We also collect information as you use our products & services, like when you:
• Use our networks - whether it is mobile, Wi-Fi, or other channels;
• Pay your bill or purchase add-on products and services;
• Use our apps, websites and self-service channels; and
• Join our promos, prize raffles or reward & loyalty programs
Information we collect from other sources
We also collect information from commercially or publicly available sources like published directories and public documents. We may also obtain your personal information from third parties and from other sources which you have given consent for the disclosure of such information relating to you and where otherwise lawfully permitted.
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose or share some of the information that you have provided to us. In these cases, we ensure that your personal information is disclosed on a confidential basis, and always subject to the applicable rules and regulations of the Data Privacy Act.
We will never share, rent or sell your personal information to third parties outside PayMaya (or the group of companies of which PayMaya is part of) except in limited circumstances as noted in this policy. In some instances, we may be required to disclose your personal information to our agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and other third-party agencies as part of business operations and the provision of our products and services. This means we might share your information with:
• Our partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers, contractors, professional advisers who help us provide our products and services, for example our couriers for bill delivery and our customer contact centers for our hotline operations;
• Other companies in the PLDT Group of companies;
• Law enforcement and government agencies; and
• Other companies whom you have also given consent to share your information
1. We keep and protect your information using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption and security controls;
2. We restrict access to your information only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your information with strict confidentiality;
3. We undergo regular audit and rigorous testing of our infrastructure’s security protocols to ensure your data is always protected; and
4. We let you update your information securely to keep our records accurate
5. We implement processes to secure and protect the privacy of personal information being shared with service providers, both local and overseas.
6. We keep your information only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the information was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by law, rules and regulations;
7. We promptly notify you and the National Privacy Commission, when sensitive personal information that may, under the circumstances, be used to enable identity fraud are reasonably believed to have been acquired by an unauthorized person;
You are afforded certain rights in relation to your personal data under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, which includes the right to object to processing, the right to access your data, the right to modify of inaccurate data, and the right to erasure or blocking of data.
You have a right to file a complaint with the National Privacy Commission should you feel that your personal information has been misused, maliciously disclosed, or improperly disposed, or that any of your data privacy rights have been violated. Consequently, you have a right to claim damages in case of inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal information.
Our Contact Details:
PayMaya collects personal information, voluntarily submitted by visitors to the Web site, which enables us to respond to requests for publications, distribute e-newsletters, process employment inquiries and respond to requests for more information or assistance. PayMaya adheres to the highest standards of ethical practices in all of our operations and is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our Web site. Except as disclosed below, we do not sell, barter, give away, rent or permit anyone outside of PayMaya to use your personal information.
We occasionally use third-party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners to perform functions such as creative design, marketing, analytics, programming, site maintenance, providing customer service, etc., on our behalf. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personal information collected from the Web site. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering these data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Web site.
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to
(a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website;
(b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Web site or our users, and
(c) act under emergency circumstances to protect our safety and security and those of our affiliates, agents and the users of the Web site or the public in general.
PayMaya also collects anonymous information to help us tailor the Web site to visitor interests and concerns. We use "cookies" to help us understand which parts of our Web site are the most popular, where our visitors are going and how much time they spend there. The information that is gathered through cookies is used solely to assist in improving Web site design and function. This Web site is functional without the retention of cookies. You may elect to block cookies from this site through your browser settings. PayMaya strives to protect the transmission of any information submitted by visitors. PayMaya does not warrant that transmission of data will be completely secured, and any and all submissions are at the visitor's risk.
Questions and comments regarding user’s data privacy concerns should be directed to this email address: email@example.com.
Date last updated: 16 September 2020
1. You understand, acknowledge and agree that PayMaya Philippines owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Services. You understand, acknowledge and agree that all content, material and information, including but not limited to text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, computer code, design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such content, material or information contained in or available through and from the Services is owned, controlled or licensed by or to PayMaya Philippines, and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws. You further acknowledge that the Services may contain information which is designated confidential by PayMaya Philippines, and that you shall not disclose such information without PayMaya Philippines’s prior written consent.
2. You understand, acknowledge and agree that the Services are provided to you AS IS for your personal use only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, no part of the Services and no content, material or information therefrom may be copied, reproduced, adapted, modified, translated, encoded, republished, uploaded, posted, published, publicly performed, publicly displayed, distributed, or transmitted over public networks and in various media, to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise, without PayMaya Philippines’s express prior written consent.
3. You understand, acknowledge and agree that nothing in these Terms gives you a right to use any of the trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features of PayMaya Philippines. You may use information on PayMaya Philippines products and services (such as data sheets, knowledge base articles, and similar materials) purposely made available by PayMaya Philippines for downloading from or through the Services, provided that you (1) do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents, (2) use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media, (3) make no modifications to any such information, and (4) do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such documents.
4. You understand, acknowledge and agree that additional terms and conditions may apply to purchases of goods or services and to specific portions or features of the Services, including contests, promotions or other similar features, all of which terms are made part of these Terms by this reference. You agree to abide by such other terms and conditions, including where applicable representing that you are of sufficient legal age to use or participate in such service or feature. In case of conflict between these Terms and the terms posted for or applicable to a specific portion of the Services, the latter terms shall control with respect to your use of that portion of the Services. The obligations of PayMaya Philippines, if any, with regard to its products and services are governed solely by the agreements pursuant to which they are provided and nothing in these Terms should be construed to alter such agreements.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks, service names are the property of their respective holders.
You understand and agree that these Terms including all disputes relative to your use of the Services shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of the Philippines without regard to conflict of laws provisions. You agree to the personal jurisdiction by and venue in the appropriate courts of Makati City, Philippines, and waive as you hereby waive any objection to such jurisdiction or venue. In case of any dispute arising out of these Terms or your use of the Services, you hereby agree, undertake and commit to resolve or attempt to resolve such dispute promptly and in good faith. In case of failure to resolve any such dispute, you further agree, undertake and commit to submit to voluntary mediation in Makati City, Philippines, before the issue may be brought to court of proper jurisdiction as stipulated herein.
You understand and agree that if any provision or provisions of these Terms are subsequently held or declared to be unlawful, void or unenforceable by any court, tribunal or agency of competent jurisdiction, the provisions of these Terms not so declared unlawful, void or unenforceable shall remain to be valid and in full force and effect, and shall be construed as to uphold the true intent of these Terms.
You understand and agree that any feedback or information you provide to PayMaya Philippines shall be deemed non-confidential, and that PayMaya Philippines shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.