Before you can change your registered mobile number in the PayMaya app, make sure you have an upgraded account and the latest PayMaya app version (2.44 and above for Android, 2.14 and above for IOS) first.
If you don’t have access to your old mobile number, you may refer to the guide here.
Once ready, you may follow these steps to change your registered mobile number in the PayMaya app:
- Log in to your PayMaya app
- Click the User Profile icon at the top-left part of your PayMaya app to access the menu
- Choose “Settings”
- Click on “Mobile Number”
- Click “Change Mobile Number” below your current registered mobile number
- Enter your PayMaya app password
- Enter the One-Time PIN (OTP) sent to your current registered mobile number and click “Proceed”
- Enter the new mobile number you want to register
- Enter the OTP sent to your new mobile number and click “Proceed”
- You will be notified that the change in mobile number for your PayMaya account was successful
- You will need to log in again for your new registered mobile number to be reflected on your PayMaya app
Please take note of these reminders when you’re changing your PayMaya registered mobile number:
- Different OTPs will be sent to your current and new mobile number, so make sure you have access to both numbers during the process.
- Use your second phone or the second SIM slot if you have it on your device so you can receive both OTPs.
- Changing your PayMaya-registered mobile number is allowed only once every 30 days.
- As a security measure, you cannot revert to your previously registered PayMaya mobile number.
- You cannot use a currently registered PayMaya mobile number as your new mobile number. Only mobile numbers that are not yet registered to a PayMaya account are allowed.
- All pending rewards and cashback from your old number will be forfeited and all awarded and unclaimed vouchers will disappear when you change your registered mobile number.
- You will be asked to accept PayMaya’s Terms and Conditions again and reconfigure data personalization after your first log-in using your new mobile number.
- Recent listings for shop purchases and bills payment will be reset after changing your mobile number. Your balance and transaction list in the home screen, however, will remain intact.