Here’s Everything You Need To Know About Sending Money via PayMaya
Aug 2, 2018 9:00:00 AM
The Send Money function is one of the best parts about having a PayMaya account: near-immediate money transfer with no need to visit a bank or a money transfer center.
Upgraded PayMaya users can can send money to multiple users up to 5 times per day (totalling P20,000/transaction), with a cap of 30 times per month. Best of all, it’s completely free!
All you need is your smartphone, internet connection, and an upgraded PayMaya account to start sending money online.
There are two ways to send money via PayMaya:
- Via PayMaya App – To PayMaya and Smart Money Accounts
1. Tap More (bottom right on iOS) or Menu (top left on Android), then tap Send Money.
2. Enter your recipient’s Mobile Number or Account Number.
You can also tap the “plus” icon to search and select from your phone contacts!
3. Enter the amount you want to send.
As long as this amount is less than your total PayMaya account balance, it’s fine!
4. Select PayMaya.
5. Add an optional message to your money gift and tap Continue.
6. Check your transaction details one last time and tap Send.
7. Wait for an in-app confirmation and SMS from PayMaya to make sure the money’s sent!
- Via PayMaya in Messenger – To existing users or non-PayMaya friends on Messenger
By linking your existing PayMaya account to PayMaya in Messenger, you can send money to your contacts within a Messenger chat!
If your recipient doesn’t have a PayMaya account—at all, or linked to Messenger—the money is stored within Messenger until they link their new or existing one to Messenger.
To use PayMaya in Messenger, search @PayMayaOfficial in Messenger or click the link m.me/PayMayaOfficial and follow these steps:
1. Select Money from the menu at the bottom of the chat screen.
2. Tap Send Money to Any Friend
3. Choose the person you want to send money to from your contact list.
This person must be on Messenger specifically! Messenger and Facebook have separate apps on mobile.
4. Enter the amount you want to send.
Maximum of P20,000 per day!
5. Add an optional to your money gift and choose a pretty frame!
Think of it as your digital aguinaldo!
6. Tap Pay.
Wait for a confirmation message from PayMaya in Messenger.
Remember the following before sending money for the first time:
- Sending money through the PayMaya app or PayMaya in Messenger is free!
- Only users with upgraded PayMaya accounts can send money.
- PayMaya Philippines, Inc. is recognized and registered with the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. Verifying your account through the “Know Your Customer” (KYC) Processis mandated by the BSP, to ensure that every user we issue a PayMaya account to is a unique individual with a verifiable identity.
After you sign up for a PayMaya account via app or via Messenger, you can already add money to your account to buy load, pay bills, and purchase stuff online with your in-app virtual card.
However, users with upgraded accounts get additional benefits, like an increased account limit, the ability to withdraw money from an ATM, and of course, the ability to send money to other PayMaya users through the app or via Messenger.
Your recipients don’t need to have an upgraded PayMaya account to receive money!
- PayMaya is an reloadable online payments solution, not a banking institution or credit issuer.
Rule of thumb: you can only send and spend money that you load to your account beforehand. Luckily, you can load money at 7-Eleven, Robinsons Department Store, and our other Add Money partners nationwide!
As a rule, non-upgraded users can load up to P50,000 per month to PayMaya, while upgraded users can load P100,000 per month!
- You can only send money up to 5 times per day (total of P20,000/transaction, total of P100,000), with a cap of 30 times in a month.
This is to add security to your account and prevent any suspicious account activity.
Schedule your send money transactions accordingly to make the most out of the service!
- You can only send money when in the Philippines and to people currently residing in the Philippines.
As of the moment, PayMaya only allows transactions within the Philippines.
Hopefully we’ve answered any questions you might have.
Otherwise, contact us at @PayMayaCares on Facebook or call us at (632) 845-7788, toll free at 1-800-1-0845-7788, or dial *778 using your Smart mobile phone!